North Point Lighthouse Museum volunteers have searched for the location of the first (1855) Lighthouse at North Point since 2007.
Following years of examining old records, oral histories, photos, a new survey and ground penetrating radar sweeps, they believe that they have pinpointed the spot of the structure’s foundation near the bluff just north of the North Lion Bridge in Lake Park.
On June 11-12, UW-Milwaukee Archeological Research Laboratory Center, will confirm the 1855 site for Lake Park visitors and for posterity. They will conduct a limited excavation of two 1 x 1 meter units.
Stop by to see it in process! For more information, click here.