Music in the Park
In 2021, Lake Park Friends is proud to present the 23rd season of Musical Mondays. Volunteer Presenter Jeff Bentoff has arranged another wonderful roster of musicians to make Monday a day to look forward to in the summer. Six Monday concerts will begin on July 26 and will end on August 30.
Wonderful Wednesdays is a series of four concerts geared for children and their families. These presentations will be held on Wednesdays beginning July 28 and ending August 18. Meg Ho is the Volunteer Presenter of the Wednesday concerts.
In the event of inclement weather, Monday concerts will move indoors to the Marcia Coles Community Room, which is in the lower level of the Lake Park Pavilion, beneath the Lake Park Bistro Restaurant (3133 E. Newberry Blvd.). Wednesday concerts will be canceled if there is inclement weather.
For current updates, check the Lake Park Friends Facebook page: Lake Park Friends Facebook.
Please bring your own chairs, blankets, food and beverages.
These concerts are FREE and open to the public.
These enjoyable concerts are presented in cooperation with Milwaukee County Parks, with a generous donation from the Coles Family Foundation and with support from Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, WMSE Radio 91.7FM, Rebecca Silber Design and member volunteers.
All concerts take place at the Lake Park Summer Stage, just south of the playground and tennis courts, near 2975 N. Lake Park Rd., which is the restroom building and Lake Park Friends office.
Musical Mondays concerts are from 6:30 – 8:00 pm. Here’s the 2021 Monday concert line-up:
- July 26 – The Hungry Williams: Singer Kelli Gonzalez and band play jump blues and swinging R&B with a New Orleans flavor.
- August 2 – The Carlos Adames Group: This cutting-edge mix of percussion, horns, piano and bass combines the best of Latin music and innovative jazz.
- August 9 – The R&B Cadets: The wonderfully eclectic Cadets are known for their mix of originals and signature covers sung by Paul Cebar, Robin Pluer and John Sieger.
- August 16 – The Best Westerns: Western swing with a big band beat — instrumental virtuosity and the powerful charm of classic songs old and new, from way-out West to Tin Pan Alley.
- August 23 – Cathy Grier + The Troublemakers: See how blue you can get when you hear Cathy’s scorching vocals and guitar backed by her troublesome band.
- August 30: The Songs of Cole Porter: One of the great American songbooks brought to life by jazz vocalist Alyssa Allgood and the Eric Jacobson Quintet.
Wonderful Wednesdays concerts are from 6:30 – 7:30 pm. Here’s the 2021 Wednesday concert line-up:
- July 28 – Duke Otherwise: A playful wordsmith, spirited performer, skilled guitarist and captivating tap-dancer, Duke sings his hilarious and imaginative songs in his distinct baritone.
- August 4 – Ms. Jen and the Jellyfish: The popular Ms. Jen and the Jellyfish are back! They feature the sounds of David Weinstone’s Music for Aardvarks and Other Mammals music along with many other family friendly tunes.
- August 11 – Little Miss Ann: Ann Torralba, who has made five family music albums, performs reinvented classics and soulful originals aimed at the entire family.
- August 18 – Susan Salidor: Susan Salidor is an award-winning children’s music composer and performer. She has won multiple awards including several Parents Choice Awards and an Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Award. She will be joined onstage with Matt Yanny-Tillar.
- August 25 – Fox and Branch: The famous family folk duo Dave Fox and Will Branch have been captivating audiences for over two decades. They have won five Parent’s Choice Awards and have been featured at multiple venues around the world.